cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S6 Edge - issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my Samsung Edge on 22 June 2105 and am now having the same issue with this that I had with my previous two handsets (both on O2 as well), they were an I-phone 5 and a Nokia Lumia 925.

The issue is that sometimes when someone tries to call me, the phone just doesn't ring, register there's an incoming call or anything - the only time I know when someone has called is if they text me or a voicemail suddenly pops up.

My husband actually called me on my landline and then dialled my mobile number but nothing!  We got all the static noises you get when a phone is near a pc/tv but phone was dormant.

I've read the forums about there being a network issue but it seems to be a fairly recent issue (say about 2 - 3 years). 

When I contacted O2 they told me my original SIM card was faulty (despite it being less than a week old) and sent me a new one - and yet it still happens.   The O2 Guru I have just spoken to told me to re-set my voicemail.  Someone told my husband that it is because I leave my handset connected to the internet (although not Wi-fi all the time)...

Surely a brand new handset should be able to cope with having an internet connection open and still allow calls in - the calls don't get through whether I'm using the phone or not - most times it is just sitting on my table/desk and not in physical use at all.

Can anyone either point me in the direction of a setting on my phone that I need to change so that calls come through whether the 'net is on or not - or help in any other way?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It is purely down to network connection.
Not phone or sim related so nothing you can do to influence it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It is purely down to network connection.
Not phone or sim related so nothing you can do to influence it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Sorry, nothing to do with the phone, as MI5 said, 100% network issue.
Message 3 of 3