cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S6 Edge App sort (alphabetically)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just got the new S6 Edge and have been trying to find how to sort all of my apps into alphabetical order, but there seems to be no way of doing it. I have looked on google and this problem seems to be happening in the UK after the different carriers do whatever they do with the phones as there seems to be no problem in a lot of other place around the world.

Has anyone got any idea how to get around this problem Help

Message 1 of 35
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys

This isn’t an O2 change, we have given the feedback asking for it to be made available on lollipop devices.  For devices that were shipped on Kitkat or earlier that have now been upgraded to lollipop the feature is still there.

Brad

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I mean in the app drawer

Message 3 of 35

MI5
  • 143443 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm assuming Menu >Sort By isn't working ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

when you go into the app drawer there is only the edit option in the top right, there should also be the sort by text next to this but it is not there Smiley Mad

Message 5 of 35

MI5
  • 143443 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What happens if you select edit?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

a white circle appears with a red - sign in the top right of all of the apps and if you press this it then gives you the option to delete the app or if you long press the app you can drag it around the screen

Message 7 of 35

MI5
  • 143443 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I don't know if this is a lollipop change or an o2 change, but I'll check my phone with lollipop on later when I get home for you.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok cheers for that, I have looked on other forums in America and this issue has come up but most phones are ok over there so it sounds more like it is down to the carriers rather than lollipop.

Message 9 of 35

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I don't know if this is of any significance, but I have Lollipop 5.0.1 on my Nexus 5 and the app drawer is alphabetical.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 35