cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 contacts has stopped working

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey, i know there is a bug with android lollipop and the s5 with the contacts app randomly stopping working but i have notice that everytime the notifaction pops up on my phone that the contact app has stopped working my internal storage on my phone goes down alittle bit, i got go from having 5.55gb of available space then after the contacts app pops up saying it has stopped working my available space goes to 5.54gb
Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144354 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Hmm, may not be error logs then.
Not sure if it works still on Lollipop but you can try dialing *#9900# and select clear dumpstate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm just alittle concerned my storage is going to get swallowed up
Message 2 of 20

MI5
  • 144354 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
If it's anything it will be just logging an error file.
You can clear these by deleting cache in recovery menu.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you MI5 i clear the cache by going in storage but how do i get to the recovery menu?
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I booted my phone in recovery mood and delete chache partition but my memory hasn't changed 😕
Message 5 of 20

MI5
  • 144354 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Hmm, may not be error logs then.
Not sure if it works still on Lollipop but you can try dialing *#9900# and select clear dumpstate.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah that works, selected delete dump/logcat. Is that right?
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Put my memory up by something daft like 0.2 haha
Message 8 of 20

MI5
  • 144354 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Yeah, that's the one.....
It must be something else taking up space then.
Emails, texts etc stored locally?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Deleting the dump/logcat worked, restarted my phone and got 0.8 back on available memory, can't wait for the update on the s5 that fixes these issues with lollipop. The contacts not working is bugging me especially it sucking up memory. Cheers MI5!
Message 10 of 20