cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

My girlfriend is having severe problems with her new Galaxy S4.

The phone randomly will not accept calls "it has not been possible to connect your call, please try again later" and text messages will not get through to her (even though she can send them).

Then randomly she will receive text messages in the middle of the night that have been sent hours before, some don't ever get through.

We took it back into the store (both o2 and Carphone Warehouse) and a new simcard was given, tried that, was ok for a day or two then stopped working again. Took it back into the store, they handed out a new phone. Same repeated. Went back into the store again, they advised sending it off for "repair" and we are now waiting for it to return.

In the mean time, she is back to using her very old phone Samsung SA800 I think?! and using the same simcard from her S4. We have had absolutely no problems using this phone which makes me obviously think that this is a phone issue.

On a side note, on the exact same day as her, I also bought an S4 and have had absolutely no problems.

I'm completely stumped and therefore any advise or help would be appreciated. Absolutely fuming that after signing up for a new more expensive contract that the phone will not work as it's supposed to and both o2 and Carephone Warehouse keep fobbing us off.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hope you have more luck with the next one.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 71 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's hope your ordeal ends soon.

Let us know how you get on with the choice of phone you accept.
Message 72 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

The phone of choice...

iPhone 5c.

Should arrive tomorrow!

Message 73 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice choice. slight_smile
Message 74 of 79

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good luck wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 75 of 79

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

So..

3rd day into the iPhone and guess what, the same issue!

This has to be an issue with o2 now surely?

Other people in the office have iPhones on different networks and they have no problems!

Message 77 of 79

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Always had my doubts about it been a phone issue if I'm honest......

Currently using:
Message 78 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure not an update we wanted to read. 😔

What's your next move ??
Message 79 of 79