cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

My girlfriend is having severe problems with her new Galaxy S4.

The phone randomly will not accept calls "it has not been possible to connect your call, please try again later" and text messages will not get through to her (even though she can send them).

Then randomly she will receive text messages in the middle of the night that have been sent hours before, some don't ever get through.

We took it back into the store (both o2 and Carphone Warehouse) and a new simcard was given, tried that, was ok for a day or two then stopped working again. Took it back into the store, they handed out a new phone. Same repeated. Went back into the store again, they advised sending it off for "repair" and we are now waiting for it to return.

In the mean time, she is back to using her very old phone Samsung SA800 I think?! and using the same simcard from her S4. We have had absolutely no problems using this phone which makes me obviously think that this is a phone issue.

On a side note, on the exact same day as her, I also bought an S4 and have had absolutely no problems.

I'm completely stumped and therefore any advise or help would be appreciated. Absolutely fuming that after signing up for a new more expensive contract that the phone will not work as it's supposed to and both o2 and Carephone Warehouse keep fobbing us off.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries.

I'll think positive thoughts for you. slight_smile
Message 61 of 79

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Just a thought @Dan_SWFC to try switching phones to see if the same problems occur with your phone at her place of work?

It would then determine whether an O2 network or phone issue?

Message 62 of 79

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
You should both get Windows phones and be synced forever wink
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 63 of 79

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
We do both already have Windows phones Toby but it wouldn't be any fun to be in agreement wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 64 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
I concur.

Rofl

slight_smile
Message 65 of 79

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I concur.

Don't you dare wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 66 of 79

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Toby started it. 😞

Edit : Well he contributed. Lol
Message 68 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Just a thought @Dan_SWFC to try switching phones to see if the same problems occur with your phone at her place of work?

It would then determine whether an O2 network or phone issue?

Good idea. She is currently in the process of sending it off to o2 for "repair". I'll try this next.

Thanks.

Message 69 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

So.. the phone was sent back from o2.

Been ok for a day or so and now it's back to being a worthless piece of junk.

o2 offered us a "refurbished" phone as a replacement. Yes that's exactly what I would like o2, to trade my new phone for an old one. Unbelievable.

We declined (obviously) and they have now offered us a new model of phone within the same price band. I think we'll be taking up their offer this time.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Message 70 of 79