cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 Screen Ghosting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good evening.
About 3 months ago i acquired Samsung Galaxy s4, first few weeks i was very satisfied,
than the phone updated to andoid 4.4 kitkat and after it happend my eyes become very tired, because i'm reading a lot of information thru the phone,than i discovered than all black letters, menu, everything what is darker than grey is ghosting with purple color, i started to look for information on web and i found, a lot of people have this trouble and i found an video :

And questions :
I pay every month 50 £ intime, i supposed to get at least the note that 2 years u will need to pay for cracked phone.
Is there an option to brake the contract and get back all the many paid for phone plan ?
Why it's so important ? It's easy i have problems with my eyes.
Best wishes and happy easter.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Community Forum

I'd suggest nipping into a high street store with working demo models of your model of phone and see if they operate the same way as your mobile phone is.

If they are not then you have a right to ask Samsung Uk Support to run a diagnostic on the handset.

Some forms of damage are not covered in their warranty. A cracked screen which is typically caused due to user error is not. However if you have insurance via O2 or a stand alone insurance company or home insurance or even try your bank as some also provide cover. Checking their T&C will show if accidental damage is covered and most likely an excess fee is applicable.

The only way to break a contract is if your term is up and you give notice or you pay off any remaining term. Or if O2 agree to end it on their side.

So yes it's as jonsie also has explained.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Have you done a factory reset after the update? We always recommend this to remove conflicts between the softwares. If that doesn't fix the problem it will need to go back to Samsung (preferably) or O2 for warranty repair.

In answer to your question, no, you cannot end the contract and get a refund for monies paid. You would have to pay off the remainder of the contract to end it.

One solution would be to sell the phone and put the money towards the cost of termination of the contract. Or you could simply buy another phone with the money and continue to use your contract sim.

I sympathise with your eyesight problems but you entered intoa contract and will be expected to honour it.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you done a factory reset after the update?
Yes.
If that doesn't fix the problem it will need to go back to Samsung (preferably) or O2 for warranty repair.
Is this a joke ? It's Amoled display...
But thank u for your try to help.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Community Forum

I'd suggest nipping into a high street store with working demo models of your model of phone and see if they operate the same way as your mobile phone is.

If they are not then you have a right to ask Samsung Uk Support to run a diagnostic on the handset.

Some forms of damage are not covered in their warranty. A cracked screen which is typically caused due to user error is not. However if you have insurance via O2 or a stand alone insurance company or home insurance or even try your bank as some also provide cover. Checking their T&C will show if accidental damage is covered and most likely an excess fee is applicable.

The only way to break a contract is if your term is up and you give notice or you pay off any remaining term. Or if O2 agree to end it on their side.

So yes it's as jonsie also has explained.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, the best way is to pay off and forget about o2.
Message 5 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Not quite sure why amoled display is exempt from return for repair.
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks, the best way is to pay off and forget about o2.

...and in spite of your reservations about O2 you are the proud owner of a Nexus 7 in the draw wink

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was really upset, and nobody was able to give me an correct answer about very sensitive amoled display. People recommended to use an app "screen adjuster" and wait till next sgs4 update and it helped.
And now I know that super amoled displays are very sensitive to sun or any lights.
Anyway, I feel good just because I never won anything. :))))
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 9 of 9