cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 Mini - Wifi issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I upgraded to android 4.4.2 I have been having issues with my wifi on my Galaxy S4 Mini. It connects to known wifi networks ok for the most part but within 5 minutes it will disconnect from the wifi but show as connected on the task bar at the top of the screen. To resolve this I have to turn the wifi off and then on again. Sometimes this results in the phone rebooting itself. It will also sign itself out from the O2 and cloud networks that I have access to hen I'm out and about.

I have performed a soft and hard reset of the device to no avail.

I also have issues with the device randomly turning off or resetting and the battery life has gone to pot. All this on a phone that is less than a year old and was working fine until the latest update to android was downloaded.

Any help is appreciated

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

As your phone is less than a year old it will still be under the manufacturer's warranty. Do not send it to, or contact O2 about a repair. I suggest you contact Samsung customer support directly and explain the problem to them before spending any money on another battery, unless Samsung suggests you do that.

If you do have to send it off for repair, be sure you have photographs of the phone's condition, and send it by registered post to be signed for.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a faulty battery to me.  I had similar issues with an S4, (where there were a known batch of faulty batteries).

Message 2 of 11

Bambino
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

As your phone is less than a year old it will still be under the manufacturer's warranty. Do not send it to, or contact O2 about a repair. I suggest you contact Samsung customer support directly and explain the problem to them before spending any money on another battery, unless Samsung suggests you do that.

If you do have to send it off for repair, be sure you have photographs of the phone's condition, and send it by registered post to be signed for.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

Samsung only offer 6 months warranty on batteries, unless there is a known issue, so if it is a battery fault, it is not necessarily still under warranty.

Message 4 of 11

Bambino
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

Samsung only offer 6 months warranty on batteries, unless there is a known issue, so if it is a battery fault, it is not necessarily still under warranty.

All the more reason for the OP to contact Samsung support then.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

All the more reason for the OP to contact Samsung support then.

I believe the number is 0330 726 7864

Message 6 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Did you do a factory reset after the last update?
Sounds like software conflicts to me.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the Samsung advice (my phone turns 1 year old on the 9th) I did a factory reset today.
Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the Samsung advice (my phone turns 1 year old on the 9th) I did a factory reset today.

Did the factory reset resolve issues or is it still the same?. If still having problems I would follow @Bambino 's advice about contacting Samsung direct as you still have a year left on your warranty. ....O2 repairers have a very poor reputation

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:
O2 repairers have a very poor reputation

DestroyDestroy DestroyDestroy DestroyDestroy DestroyDestroy DestroyDestroy

Found this group photo of the team at work Bouncy

Message 10 of 11