cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 2 Accessories

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, just ordered my Galaxy Note 2 and am now looking for what accessories I need. Would I just need a case or is there anything else I would need. For all you lovely people out there who already have one. Products and suppliers would be much appreciated

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just looked up a bit about the Note 2 and whilst not owning one myself did do some extensive research on it when looking for a new handset.

The Note 2 has corning Gorilla Glass - much like the iPhone and many other top-end Android devices. If you are unfamiliar with the term Gorilla Glass, it is essentially a take on mobile phone screens that make them very resistant to light scratches and damage. I've had Gorilla Glass on my Motorola Milestone 2 and on my current Motorola Droid Razr, and neither have suffered from scratches. So I daresay a screen protector (or case with a screen protector attached) may go amiss. That said, a case for any phone is a great idea if you can find one which is in your budget and you like the look of. The Note is a big device and whilst built quite well to hold in your hand, would drop like a brick if it falls out of it. So something to give it some "bounce" may be a wise investment!

I would also say that because the Note series uses a stylus, purchasing a pack of them from somewhere like eBay for cheap might not be a bad idea. I've had plenty of devices with stylus, and always end up loosing them at one point or another! I have done a quick search for you and the link below is for two stylus' for the Note 1 for £1.29 inc. P&P. Now as I don't own either a Note 1 or a Note 2 I cannot say whether they will fit in the stylus holder for the Note 2, but for £1.29 I doubt it would break the bank if it didn't.

eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-STYLUS-PEN-FOR-IPHONE-4-4S-3G-IPAD-SAMSUNG-S3-S2-Galaxy-Note-HTC-Touch-...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just looked up a bit about the Note 2 and whilst not owning one myself did do some extensive research on it when looking for a new handset.

The Note 2 has corning Gorilla Glass - much like the iPhone and many other top-end Android devices. If you are unfamiliar with the term Gorilla Glass, it is essentially a take on mobile phone screens that make them very resistant to light scratches and damage. I've had Gorilla Glass on my Motorola Milestone 2 and on my current Motorola Droid Razr, and neither have suffered from scratches. So I daresay a screen protector (or case with a screen protector attached) may go amiss. That said, a case for any phone is a great idea if you can find one which is in your budget and you like the look of. The Note is a big device and whilst built quite well to hold in your hand, would drop like a brick if it falls out of it. So something to give it some "bounce" may be a wise investment!

I would also say that because the Note series uses a stylus, purchasing a pack of them from somewhere like eBay for cheap might not be a bad idea. I've had plenty of devices with stylus, and always end up loosing them at one point or another! I have done a quick search for you and the link below is for two stylus' for the Note 1 for £1.29 inc. P&P. Now as I don't own either a Note 1 or a Note 2 I cannot say whether they will fit in the stylus holder for the Note 2, but for £1.29 I doubt it would break the bank if it didn't.

eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-STYLUS-PEN-FOR-IPHONE-4-4S-3G-IPAD-SAMSUNG-S3-S2-Galaxy-Note-HTC-Touch-...

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The first one is the same as I have got and the third one my mate has, both of us like our cases and they do the job.... It's personal choice....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Welshy74,

I'd recommend the first one there. I've seen people with this case and it's very minimal, you hardly notice it. Also Genuine Samsung, you aren't going to get something that will fall apart after 2 days of use..

But as MI5 said above, it is entirely personal preference.
Message 5 of 5