cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GALAXY SII - pattern locked

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, the pattern has locked on my galaxy SII and it is now asking for my google username & password.  I have typed in my google account and password but it doesnt recognise it!! I have read through loads of help forums/ viewed you tube videos and followed advice but none of them work.  It seems my only option may be to restore factory settings, but I dont want to do this as then I will loose all photos.  Can anyone help please?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you have a Samsung account you can use Samsung Dive to remote unlock your screen, then change settings once you are back into the phone. Using your Google account to log in should reset the security options - are you sure you are using the correct log in (the same as used on the phone). Only other option is a factory reset. Your photos will be saved if you are on ICS as the sd card does't get formatted (this only happens in Gingerbread or Jelly bean).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you have a Samsung account you can use Samsung Dive to remote unlock your screen, then change settings once you are back into the phone. Using your Google account to log in should reset the security options - are you sure you are using the correct log in (the same as used on the phone). Only other option is a factory reset. Your photos will be saved if you are on ICS as the sd card does't get formatted (this only happens in Gingerbread or Jelly bean).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.  I created a samsung dive account but it was only giving instructions on how to wipe the phone which I am trying not to have to do.  I have tried to reset my google account password but Google are blocking my information as I set up account over a year ago and have not really used it since.  Looks like I may have to admit defeat and wipe it 😞

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, what is ICS?

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Samsung Dive should give you the option to unlock your screen once you sign in (see image) ICS stands for Ice Cream Sandwich which is a software version or JB which is JellyBean. Untitled

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you email Google they will get back to you with a series of security checks to get through which will enable you to reset your password. The above is correct, as in what I see, in my Samsung Dive screen, but you might have had to set it up previously and authorise your phone, I can't remember the set up process now.....

Your phone should be on ICS if you have the latest updates (Ice Cream Sandwich) which will preserve your photos during a reset. You would just have to re add your email accounts and set up your homescreens again. By default, all your apps are backed up to Google and will reinstall once you enter your Google account details (after resetting your password) slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6