cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fobbing me off with water damage?? Really??

Anonymous
Not applicable

so I took my samsung Galaxy s6 into the o2 store a week ago on Saturday as my phone just suddenly decided to malfunction and break down on me the day before for no reason at all (Friday 13th). I had been on it about 5mins prior to this just to quickly check the time as I had just got home from work. My phone is only 4months old. I got an email back today saying that it has come down to water damage and that I need to contact the store to arrange to pay for the repair as the warrantee doesn't cover water damage. Firstly I can honestly say that it has never EVER come into any contact with water at all! Nor have I ever even touched it with wet fingers or even been caught out in the rain with it either. All that day it was also left in my handbag (with no liquids in) whilst I was at work and had no access to it, to even allow it to come into contact with water. I don't understand how they can try to tell me it was water damage when I am certain that it is not. Are o2 just trying to fob me off into paying to repair it because they actually know it is no fault of my own and it is also still practically brand new. I have also had the previous model of my phone in the past that I have accidentally dropped in the sink and I had less hassle than with this one cos i left it in a tub of rice and it worked perfectly the next day. So surely to god this must be a more technical error due to the phone malfunctioning.

I also got in touch with two o2 online gurus and explained the situation to them and both conveniently when I tried to argue my case they both cut me off from the online chat. Do I have mug written on my forehead?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It's not uncommon for o2 repirs to state water damage when it's not - search the forum and you'll see.
Tell them to return it to you (make sure you get same phone back) and get in touch with Samsung who will give you a much better service - assuming O2's repairers haven't dunked it in water already!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that is exactly what I'm going to do. If I can't get through on the phone again then I will have to travel to the store and I will be asking them for photographic evidence of the water indicators if they haven't already sent my phone back to store. I have already made note of my IMEI number or whatever it's called so I know that I will be getting the exact handset back and I will be contact tea sung asap. The guru in store was also not very helpful. It's like as if he even knew what the repair centre was going to get back to me with as he has mentioned water damaged before it even got sent away. Something fishy going on .

Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Yet another Anovo horror experience. How anyone can defend this bunch of cowboys is beyond me. You may get someone on here saying how good they are but search 'Anovo' in the box at the top of the page and you will see that you are far from alone.

As advised, get the phone back, check they haven't damaged it, check the IMEI and send it off to Samsung. They will arrange collection and delivery for you.

Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

It's never ending....same old... same old. I have been on this forum over 3 years and others a lot longer....I must have read one positive report about Anova...and 100's of bad ones...Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Wonder if they use the water damage excuse for waterproof phones grin
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Most likely - it's never true, so why not!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 8 of 9

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
But still no Trading Standards investigation ?
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 9