Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire OS 4.6 for Amazon Fire - Out now!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

This one goes out to all you Fire Phone users out there…

The latest Fire OS 4.6 update started rolling out from Thursday (23rd Aprul) and this updates the underlying Android version from Jellybean to KitKat. This new update has plenty of awesome new features to help make your Fire Phone even more awesome – there’s enhanced usability, general performance improvements, some good new business features, some additional personalisation options, enhanced battery life when using Bluetooth (such as smartwatches).

The update is expected to reach all users by the start of next week (Mon 27th April). Once you’ve updated, please do pop back and let us know how you got on and if there’s anything you do or don’t like.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have yet to receive the update despite checking for a few days. Do you know if this is normal or of there is something wrong with my phone. Thanks slight_smile

Message 2 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Probably normal if your phone functions normally, updates tend to be released in batches so give it a few more days.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 5

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have yet to receive the update despite checking for a few days. Do you know if this is normal or of there is something wrong with my phone. Thanks slight_smile

Typically it's fairly normal - most Android-based roll-outs usually take several days for full saturation. That being said however there had been a slight change to the rollout schedule for this Fire OS update.

It started pushing out from Thursday and reached around 20% saturation - it's expected that the remaining updates will push out from Monday so that 100% of Fire Phone users have the option to update to 4.6. Sorry for any confusion and the tweak in the update schedule but if you check again on Monday, should be all good 🙂

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for the update @Chris_K 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5