cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter Network Lock control Key

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to get some info off an Orange sim but when I put the sim in my Galaxy Ace 2 on O2 I get the following message "Enter Network Lock control Key"  telling me the sim is locked to O2. On my O2 account it shows me a PUK code, is this the code I need to unlock my phone?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No you need to get the unlock code from O2 customer service.

O2 - Unlock Form

It's free if on contract and £15 if you are P&G.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No you need to get the unlock code from O2 customer service.

O2 - Unlock Form

It's free if on contract and £15 if you are P&G.

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No, you need the network lock code for the phone. You fill out this form https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form and if you meet the required criteria you get the code emailed back within a few days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys for the replies ... I have already contacted O2 customer service help via on line chat last week and the advisor had told me they had requested an unlock which I should receive by email but I had seen the PUK code in my account and wondered if this was what I needed.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I wouldn't put my faith in the web chat getting a code for you - Fill in the form to be sure your request goes in properly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Tuba_Dave
Level 3: Thinker
  • 26 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I wouldn't put my faith in the web chat getting a code for you - Fill in the form to be sure your request goes in properly.

I actually did receive my unlock code within 2 days after speaking with web chat ..........

Only problem, it was for the wrong handset ..............

I now have both handsets unlocked which is a bonus.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is over 7 days since I requested a code via chat without any success but since I completed the on line form 2 days ago I have received my code today. Thank you for the advice and links above ^^^

Message 7 of 7