cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dragging their feet

Anonymous
Not applicable
The update was released in Vodafone yesterday to both One X and One X+ owners, the update included Vodafones bloatware and load screens so unsure as to why O2 haven't managed to get it. I moved to O2 thinking they were a big network , its bad enough that being a business customer means im treated as a second class customer and get access to barely any of O2's official apps or even this new Text from other devices thingy. Should've stayed with Voda by the looks of it and if previous posts are anything to go by its not the first time O2 have treated Android updates as non priority. Another 12 months left and I can go back to where I was treated well.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You seem to have posted this twice:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/4-2-2-For-HTC-One-X/m-p/516856#M21975

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Rickyc

Sorry to hear your not receiving what your wanting from 02's service.

Either contact 02 via e mail https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help or via telephone on

Business Customer Service Number Charges
From your O2 mobile 8002 Free

From a landline 0800 977 7337 Free

For further information on the update your waiting for.

One of the reasons why I choose Apples iPhone. No waiting around for network releases.

Lets hope things get better for you so you won't need a PAC code at the end of your contract term.
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Believe it or not I chose not to get an I phone because I don't want an I phone, I have had HTC android phones since the HTC Magic and find them far superior to Apple. My annoyance comes from the fact that this network seems incapable of releasing an update in a timely manner. Compatability is not an issue as this update was designed for this phone therefore the only Compatability issue is whether the update will work with all of the branded crap (which I can't use being a business customer) you guys like to dump on the phone. Seeing as my access to many O2 services is limited due to me having a business contract why wasn't I supplied with a unbranded phone rather than one laden with unusable bloatware. The largest point of annoyance though is O2's inability to give an actual answer on When the update will be available instead giving pointless generic answers such as yours or even worse allowing people with absolutely no clue what is happening to answer when people ask. Your so called Guru's only seem capable of redirecting queries to manufacturers or even making answers up if the query is about anything other than an Iphone. Give a consistent and straight answer to your customers and you'll save loads of money by not having to pay somebody to post generic answers on your forums.
Message 4 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

O2 seem to be always way behind other networks for software upgrades and I agree with you about the bloatware. If people want or can use the O2 apps they can download them from other sources but it seems people who get their phones from O2 are forced to have the branding.

Incidentally this is essentially a customer to customer forum and none of us get paid for answering queries on here. Unfortunately being customers like yourself, no one can answer when the update will eventually be released.

Message 5 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Couldn't agree more, business users and buyers of network issued phones always have this problem.

That's why I always buy my own phones sim free, which means I always get any updates as they are released.

I also ran my own business and after checking out the options chose not to use a business contract as for me there was no advantage.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rickyc,

It certainly would be nice to be paid for giving up our own time to help other 02 Customers who sign up, log on and post a problem/query.

As Jonsie says we are all customers here too.

If my reply upset you then I apologise, and I do understand your frustration.

So, what is the O2 Community?

The O2 Community is an internet forum. An internet forum is a discussion area of the website where you can get help from other forum members. You can also use it to start discussions, read and respond to posts and share feedback with other forum members.

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Rickyc has confused BoB as being on the forum as an official forum employee of O2 (as in a co-ordinator or moderator like Toby or Chiara).

As with the 4.1.1 update, people are start to get frustated O2. @Toby or @ Chiara, is there any update?

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think Rickyc has confused BoB as being on the forum as an official forum employee of O2 (as in a co-ordinator or moderator like Toby or Chiara).

Quite possibly so.

slight_smile

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Bob
That's exactly the case, Sorry to have a go but your response looked so much like I would expect from O2 that I just assumed that was the case. Apologies for ranting at you.
Peace
Message 10 of 11