cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone use a phone without a case?

Anonymous
Not applicable
back in the days of the nokia 8210 and Motorola flip phones I never bothered with a case although phones where still expensive back then.
Now nearly everyone with a smartphone uses a case,
Does anyone still roll without a case??
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Yep. My screen is covered with a liquid screen protector, and the back of the phone is made of kevlar.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Wouldn't dream of not having some level of protection. The only problem is finding something that doesn't ruin the look of the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 20

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

It's not advisable as they use mineral glasses and forms of plastic and light metals not very resistant to damage in situations like abrasive materials or sudden impacts. When Diamond and Sapphire becomes used to make up handset chassis maybe we can lose the accesories.

Then I again I did use Samsung Galaxy S2 for about a year without a screen protector nor case.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 4 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

At the price of phones today I would always put mine in a case...

I don't like the big and bulky cases..

I have a Note 3 and the case is a flip cover type where the back of the case replaces the back of the phone.... Needless to say...it's red Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Past phones just seemed to bounce if dropped without causing catastrophic damage !

Now these Smartphones are hundreds of pounds to purchase / replace it makes sense to protect them.

I resale mine so keeping it in pristine condition makes sense.

They do however feel so much nicer naked.

I don't like the options that wrap it up in so much rubber and plastic that it'll survive a nuclear winter !

I use the original Black Leather Apple case and a glass tempered screen shield.
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
back in the days of the nokia 8210 and Motorola flip phones I never bothered with a case although phones where still expensive back then.
Now nearly everyone with a smartphone uses a case,
Does anyone still roll without a case??

hi luke300586

I've very recently purchased a case for my Nokia515 (not a smartphone), I am now in the process of getting sorted some clear film for the screen = see my thread on the off topic board = scratch on phone 

the case btw is silicone & feels great, also when I'm out I tend to put my phone of the table where I am & the case grips the surface of the table well ie it's not gonna get knocked onto the floor

Message 7 of 20

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

For my iPhone I have a cover on the back of it and a tempered glass protector on it.  I have dropped it a few times and up to now (touch wood) there has been no damage to the phone.

Message 8 of 20

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

my s5 mini's got a screen protector a gel case just on the back and it lives in a teddy mock sock and even though the phone is supposed to be waterproof it stays in my bag or pocket if i am out and its raining which is quite often in rainy Manchester lol. If anyone phones texts they have to wait til i am indoors wink  

Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

At the price of phones today I would always put mine in a case...

I agree with cleoriff ...

I have a cover for my Iphone, I've dropped a thousand times and it has never broken...better be safe than sorry!

Message 10 of 20