cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage warning S6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have managed to use almost 3gb since my allowance refresh on July 14th apparently apps are using data in the background I don't recall changing any sort of setting they say change in plays tore but all the settings seem to day over WiFi only. I have now set restricted data in the background in main settings on handset just now but can't see anything else? Ave use 1.4gb pm
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Look in your settings under data usage and see what has used the most.
Facebook with autoplay of videos is always a possible culprit but your phone will tell what has been used and by what.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Facebook with autoplay of videos is always a possible culprit but your phone will tell what has been used and by what.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Dunno if I am doing right with this (and no doubt will be told either way lol) but I turn off auto update for the apps I rarely use?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Cleoriff wrote:

Dunno if I am doing right with this (and no doubt will be told either way lol) but I turn off auto update for the apps I rarely use?

Doesn't make any difference if you have auto update on wifi only enabled, but won't hurt either way.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Cleoriff wrote:

Doesn't make any difference if you have auto update on wifi only enabled, but won't hurt either way.

Must check if I have that enabled....though I expect I have tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm sure you will have wink

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks all 😊😊 it seems to be Google photos it's used nearly all of that for this period
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Check your auto upload settings in the Google photos app and change them to wifi only.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
best bet is to change it to sync/upload when connected to wifi and on charge...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 9