cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data abroad...?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so, I have a Galaxy S4 and I'm in Italy on holiday. I have good coverage for reception but my mobile data is not connecting at all. I have swiped down and made sure that the mobile data icon is lit, I have GPS and Data roaming activated but still nothing. I don't know what's going on.

Anyone have any ideas?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried restarting the phone? If not a call to customer services on the above number might be best it is free

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

First remove the sim and give it a clean.

Ensure any airplane mode is not toggled on.

Check that auto network selection is not trying to connect you to another network.

Try to find out if the network your latching to is itself having issues.

Either use live chat from another persons phone or Internet cafe or ring O2 Cs on From abroad +44 844 809 0200 > Free for contract customers or From abroad +44 7860 980 202> International rates for Payg Customers just to have your account re checked.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If it cannot be resolved then if your phone is unlocked to all networks acquire a local SIM card and use wifi where available.
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried restarting the phone? If not a call to customer services on the above number might be best it is free
Message 3 of 14

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

1 have you had the warning texts about roaming?

2 do you have o2 travel or standard europe rates?

3 Pay monthly or Pay as you go ?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I get question 1 Adam just wondering what difference 2 and 3 would make to the data not working?
Message 5 of 14

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

2 the basic 15mb data on o2 travel could be used up very quickly and so preventing any more data unless another block bought if standard then the monthly cap

3 helps to know as calls to the international number are not free on payg

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok makes sense although the way the op has said it is as if they haven't had any data at all but guess we will see if they come back
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies, I restarted the phone and that seems to have sorted the problem.

I can now go back to worrying about how much data i use and how it's going to cost me 🙂

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you on a monthly contract and if so do you know if you have O2 travel if you do it's £1.99 a day for upto 15mb of data same on pay as you go you can get more at £1.99 for another 15mb if you are on standard rates it's 46p per mb on monthly and pay as you go which caps at £48 on monthly I don't believe there is a cap on payg
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad you got sorted @Anonymous

slight_smile
Message 10 of 14