cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about S4 and Lollipop!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, don't know if anyone can help. I have an S4 which is on o2 (hence commenting on this forum!). I was under the assumption that Lollipop wasn't released for the o2 S4 yet however I have just seen that it is available as an update for my phone? How is that if o2 haven't released it?

Thanks
David
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

A friend of mine has made the same comment about battery since updating his S5

Message 11 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Battery usually improves after a few charging cycles, it certainly did on my S3.

Message 12 of 20

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Unless you do a factory reset I guarantee you will get problems.
After that you need to allow a few days for the new ROM to settle down and get all your apps updated to the Lollipop versions.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an unlocked S4, I updated it to Lollipop last week and so far, so good.  I haven't done a factory reset though. Having read this thread I'm wondering if I should?

Message 14 of 20

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
You could be the 1:1000 that doesn't need to but if you get any problems just keep it in mind.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your help. I've updated and done the factory reset and all seems to be well. Just getting stuff loaded back on at the moment. Haven't had any problems so far, seems to be a bit quicker if anything (although that's probebly because I haven't got loads of apps loaded yet!).

Message 16 of 20

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
I'd agree. Overall it is quicker and smoother too.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good site for tracking updates and progress of in development updates

http://samsung.youmobile.org/

very helpful link @Anonymous Thanks!

Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have to say as much as I hate the looks, I havent had any problems or had to factory reset since update last week. S4 is running sweet. Had far more problems with last kitkat update.
Message 19 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122827 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Have to say as much as I hate the looks, I havent had any problems or had to factory reset since update last week. S4 is running sweet. Had far more problems with last kitkat update.

Good to hear wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 20