cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot upgrade from 4.2.2 on my S4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I am hoping someone on here will be able to give me more help than live chat. I have a Galaxy S4 on o2. It has STILL not been upgraded from 4.2.2 surely I should havr been upgraded to kit kat by now? I've checked via Kies and doesn't upgrade via that either.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hopefully @MI5 will be able to help you with this, should be along soon to answer you.

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok cool thanks jonsie
Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Hi, can you type *#1234# into dialer and let me know what the phone reports back please.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Where did you buy the phone from?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I actually got this phone from a mate as my first s4 was stolen. I am not sure where he got it. I could find out though
Message 6 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Its running some foreign firmware which may explain why you're not getting updates - I suspect it has been manually flashed previously and may also therefore be rooted which will knock out your normal update processes.
The best advice would be for you to just flash stock UK firmware yourself and then everything should go back to normal for future updates.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's what I thought tbh. Anyway of telling of its rooted. How can I restore it to uk firmware?
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can message me if it's easier
Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just flash stock firmware and root will be removed.
Guide to flashing here
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/m-p/46346...
and the firmware you need to flash can be downloaded off this link (you will need to (free) register first)
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=31852

Currently using:
Message 10 of 16