cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get incoming calls or texts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok here goes:

Recently moved from tmobile and took my number with me.
All seemed fine, I can make calls and send texts.
Can't receive calls or text (unless it's an O2 customer)
O2 have sent me a new chip and this hasn't sorted the issue.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there Iamlivin! Sorry u r having problems receiving calls and txt. Is the problem there from the beggining, meaning since u ported ur number? If it has ur number may have not been completly released from ur previous network.My advice would be to ring customer services to make a few tests.Port or no port u should be able to receive calls and txt so this needs to be looked at. Don't know

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the forum

Have O2 said the port has fully completed ? If you haven't asked then it's worth ringing them to find out.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Are you not able to receive texts and calls from a particular persons number ? If so check any block calls / texts facility in your phones settings.

As O2 have sent you a "new chip" which I assume is a new SIM card , have you performed a sim swap which moves your tariff and mobile number from the original sim to the new one. This can be achieved by http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Look here to check your masts to ensure they are ok http://status.o2.co.uk/

If the above has not helped then please let us know.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there Iamlivin! Sorry u r having problems receiving calls and txt. Is the problem there from the beggining, meaning since u ported ur number? If it has ur number may have not been completly released from ur previous network.My advice would be to ring customer services to make a few tests.Port or no port u should be able to receive calls and txt so this needs to be looked at. Don't know

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Another stuck or partial port from EE by the sounds of it.
You may have to contact EE/TMob too to get help.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hiya peeps,

Yeah basically it all went downhill when I moved my number over (I was receiving calls/texts on the original o2 number.)
The customer service team seem baffled, they've said they're talking to EE to check the process has been done correctly. I've done the whole turn it off turn it on again tricks and no luck.

So does this mean I need to go bk to EE and talk to them? Or would this be an O2 issue?
I'm just annoyed because while this is happening I'm still expected to pay my phone bills (my contract doesn't legally end with EE until October, I thought it was September) yet I'm not getting a full service 😦
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

It will be best to tackle this from all angles.

So Yes speak to both Networks.

Good luck and I'm sure we're all hoping for a swift resolution for you.
Message 6 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Yes, as I suggested above - Be proactive and call EE yourself too.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

JG51
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My service is intermittent. I have problems calliing my Daughter on Orange and she has problems calling me. I get text messages saying she has called me and I usually am able to call her straight back.

This problem has been plaging me for several weeks now.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @JG51 and welcome to the Community.

Nearly missed your post. As it was a new question a new thread would have been better but no worries you are here now.

Have you checked the status checker at status.o2.co.uk using your postcode to see if there is a mast down or if the Network Modernisation Programme had reached your area?

What signal is showing on your phone? 2g, 3g (also shows as h or h+) or even 4g?
Message 9 of 9