cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete folders, Samsung Galaxy Ace GT S830

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've got two folders in my gallery that I don't see to be able to delete. I don't have whatsapp, or blogger anymore as I deleted the Apps, the folders are called 'Blogger pictures' and 'profile photo', when I select the folders the delete option does not come up. When I try to select the photos in each folder again the delete option disappears.

I don't know why they are still on my phone or why I can't seem to delete them. I've tried completely emptying my files from the settings menu and restarting my phone after deleting Whatsapp and blogger but the folders and the images inside are still there!

I also tried O2 Guru live chat option but the person didn't seem to know anything about it, they kept telling me things I already knew and didn't give me any information on how to get rid of them.

Please help!

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
or File Commander might be an easier choice
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobisystems.fileman&hl=en
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Have you tried using a better file explorer/manager such as ES File Explorer?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know what that means! I don't use any particular file storer, I didn't create these folders they just appeared, I have an SD card and that's it but when I take the SD card out the folders are still there so it's not on that.

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I mean this app to manage your files and folders as the stock app is just basic
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
or File Commander might be an easier choice
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobisystems.fileman&hl=en

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Forum.

If the good advice via the links MI5 has kindly suggested of ways to control your files have you struggling ,then as a very very last resort you can perform a hard reset which takes everything back to factory conditions.

You should make a back up to save any data put into the phones memory. Items in your Sd card are not affected.

As I say please give the links a go first.

The way to hard reset your phone is http://www.hard-reset.com/samsung-galaxy-ace-s5830-hard-reset.htm
Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Simply formatting the internal SD card would have the same effect too...... but it is a bit drastic just to remove a folder wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally agree @MI5

Just wanted to give a viable alternative. slight_smile
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
No offence bob, but it's not viable in this case.
It's like setting fire to your lounge to strip the wallpaper wink
If there are other issues with the phone too then a factory reset is an option but this is just a simple folder deletion......

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
No offence taken MI5

slight_smile
Message 10 of 11