cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I upgrade phones on pay as you go?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an S3 and have had it for just over a year now. Am I able to upgrade phones on pay as you go or would I need to be pay monthly?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You can get a discount on a new PAYG phone dependent on how much you've spent on top ups but you still need to pay out a chunk of cash.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You can get a discount on a new PAYG phone dependent on how much you've spent on top ups but you still need to pay out a chunk of cash.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can also recycle your phone with o2 for some more money off slight_smile
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Carphonewarehouse do some good deals on PAYG too slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 high street shops and Carphonewarehouse as suggested do have Payg upgrade prices on their point of sale. 

You don't normally have to apply the top up amount either. 

Take your SIM card with you as they sometimes scan the sim or send a cide to it for the upgrade price to be applied. 

You could sell your current phone to CEX if you make yourself a member.

Unfortunately you won't get true value from them or recycle options. 

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Stick it on eBay ;D
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
As you mentioned a Contract : If your happy at the thought of a contract and a Credit Check is not an issue then perhaps consider the O2 Refresh Tariff which is only available direct from o2. You can then choose a handset and not pay a large amount upfront , you can keep your payg number and the allowances may be larger. And you can still use O2 recycle for your current phone.

A person can pay up the handset plan at anytime so essentially is not locked into a contract, as by doing so you can cancel the airtime part or upgrade again.

http://www.o2.co.uk/refresh

😄
Message 7 of 7