cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery on HTC One mini

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hd this phone for a week now and notice the battery life is pretty poor. Was wondering if someone could explain what phone idle is in the usage stats. Overnight with wifi off , screen dimmed etc I lose about 40% on the battery. In the usage it sys phone idle 76%. Any one know what this means and is there any way to lower that figure

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's a bit of a PITA but all you can do is add them one or two at a time until you find the culprit. You can also check the reviews on Play to see if any others are reporting issues with a particular app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah gonna do that from tomorrow. Want to see  how it lasts overnight.

Message 22 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so phone was on 77% last night at 10pm and at 8am this morning it was 44% . Wifi was on but location services off. As I type this now at 3.15pm it is at 16% with just one phone call recieved today. No apps installed apart from the default ones so can anyone advise if this seems normal or heavy based on the above.

Thanks

Message 23 of 33

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Sounds like there is something constantly running. Have you got wifi set to never sleep in advanced settings? Is Bluetooth switched on?

Message 24 of 33

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
So overnight it drained around 3% per hour with wifi on. Since 8am this morning you are looking at an average of 4% per hour.
Previously you have seen very low drain with airplane mode on and whilst you're not seeing drastic battery drain now I still think it's higher than it should be for this phone.
Leads me to think that the modem is working hard (are you in a low signal area) or do you have email accounts set up to sync at close intervals etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 25 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wifi was left on , now turned off during sleep. I am in a good signal area and i have no email account set up yet on it this time. Bluetooth is always off. It still seems heavy to me , since I have had the phone I have not got one day without charging it.

Message 26 of 33

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's not right, that's for sure, but seems strange it was OK in airplane mode.... Must be connected to the modem, somehow....

Currently using:
Message 27 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

May take it back to the shop tonight see what they say

Message 28 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

just had a chat with one of the o2 gurus and he thinks its a bad battery. Will report later tonight after the shop

Message 29 of 33

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Hopefully it is something as simple as the battery. Let us know how you get on.

Message 30 of 33