cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery on HTC One mini

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hd this phone for a week now and notice the battery life is pretty poor. Was wondering if someone could explain what phone idle is in the usage stats. Overnight with wifi off , screen dimmed etc I lose about 40% on the battery. In the usage it sys phone idle 76%. Any one know what this means and is there any way to lower that figure

Message 1 of 33
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
To check for sure if it's an app, reboot the phone then put it in airplane mode. Leave it over night and check if battery is still near enough where it was the night before.
If it has drained a lot in airplane mode then the battery is faulty. If not, it's an app that is either syncing a lot of data or is stuck mid sync.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It just means the phone is sitting idle for a long time - as you would expect.
Something is sucking your battery badly though as I've had a One Mini and battery was very good.
Start by looking in data usage and see if any apps are using a lot of data which would indicate they are keeping the system awake when it should be going into deep sleep.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. in the usage screen i have Android system 9%  internet 2% google services 1% idle 74% and wifi 12%. May have to uninstall some apps to see if I can identify what is causing it

Message 3 of 33

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yeah I meant the data usage stats. Look for apps using lots of data (however, it will only show mobile data so may not help if you are on wifi mostly).

Currently using:
Message 4 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

On wifi mostly , rarely use data.May uninstall the apps later and see what happens overnight tonight.Last night it dropped from 75% to 37% this morning , thats with wifi off and screen dimmed.

Message 5 of 33

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
To check for sure if it's an app, reboot the phone then put it in airplane mode. Leave it over night and check if battery is still near enough where it was the night before.
If it has drained a lot in airplane mode then the battery is faulty. If not, it's an app that is either syncing a lot of data or is stuck mid sync.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

will give that a try tonight. Had a look in data usage and seems normal looking to me with htc sense being top for usage , but using wifi mostly anyway.

Message 7 of 33

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yeah, it only records mobile data use....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok tried again on airplane mode and battery stayed the same , so not faulty. Turned airplane mode off and battery started to drain as per previous posts. Factory reset the phone charged to 100% and battery has only dropped 3 percent in an hour so looks like it was some app or something draining it. Will keep an eye on it today see how it does now

Message 9 of 33

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Sounds the most likely explanation.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 33