cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery issue returning in different way

Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted less than 2 months ago, having had a problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. It was not charging through a number of chargers and I had the issue resolved. The charger port was replaced and I got a new battery for safe measure. 

Now - over the past week - I have noticed something weird. For example, today at the start of my lunch break my battery was at 89%. I turned up the brightness for the glare and checked my messages online and it was 72% around 10 mins later, all normal. But 5 mins after beginning to play one of my games which of course uses a lot of power anyway, my phone switched itself off. I turned it back on and battery was at 1%. Tried to restart and failed to turn back on, so switched back on again and it went up to 32% briefly before jumping back down to 5% and switching off again. 

I left if off for about 10 mins and attempted to turn on again. Battery up to 62% which was what it would have been by then normally. Left on until I got home and stayed firmly at 58%. Again, I began playing a game and it switched off, going to 1 then 0%. When I began charging, it restarted itself a few times then began charging normally. Now it's fine, but I'm going to have to avoid games or any other apps that consume a lot of battery. 

So, what could be the problem now? I'm stumped.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably reset needed, phone backed up. All vids and photos are automatically uploaded to my Dropbox on the laptop so I can delete the original files from the phone. Have no vids now, few photos and songs. I downloaded Clean Master, CM security and Battery Doctor a while back and do regular cleaning of junk files and "boosting", deactivating background apps. Seems that those apps themselves take up a fair amount of space too but without them it could be worse.

If I do a reset, will still need to redownload all the apps I need/want - will this take up as much space as before? My device memory is 5GB according to phone settings, with 703 MB free and SD card total space 1.85 GB, 1.69 available. I am not sure how to save things onto SD card as every time it fails and quits. 

I will go ahead with the legit Samsung battery on payday, as you said is only possible issue with what I reported on my original problem and new battery is only solution for that. Hope that this time it remains normal for at least a bit longer than 2 months - at least until my contract ends and I get a new phone!

Thanks for advice slight_smile 

Message 11 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
When you log back into your Google account after the reset it should re-download all the apps you had before on the phone, but without the cached files associated with each app, so it should give you more space.
tbh clean master is a decent app but I'd get rid of battery doctor and CM security - neither will give you any benefits.
You should also just leave the apps running in the background that the system opens as it will manage the space used by these apps automatically and it actually saves battery and makes the phone run faster.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
As always great advice, @MI5 !
Message 13 of 13