cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App to improve voice call sound quality?

Waynefb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 28 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Greetings one & all.

My new phone (a chinese cheapy, but all I can afford at present!) gives fairly poor voice sound quality. The speaker sounds too trebley and there are hisses on 's' and 't' sounds.

I've tried a few equaliser apps, but these seem to work on music playing, but don't seem to affect the quality of voice calls.

I presume that this is because the 'phone programme' and 'music player' are two different bits of software?

So, any ideas on apps that will address the 'phone' software so I can enhance the speaker quality during voice calls?

A million thanks in advance from both me, and my brother - who is sick of me saying "Eh?" and Whaaat?" at him! Smiley Frustrated

Cheers,

Wayne.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27614 Solutions
Google for service codes for your phone model. Some allow you to change certain parameters that might help.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
If it's a fairly new version of Android, it may be worth looking in settings/ call setting and seeing if there's any enhancements in there.
Message 3 of 15

Waynefb
  • 28 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No joy on either of the above I'm afraid. 😞

Message 4 of 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I know it's not a proper fix but get a pair of headphones with mic, Samsung pair or something. It'll bypass those nasty tinny speakers and produce clearer sounds.
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Their are some quite nice smartphones on the market that may surprise you ,and be in your price band.

Places such as CEX on the high street can throw up some nice deals on phones too.

Just a thought if the phone you currently own carries on not providing a good user experience.
Message 6 of 15

Waynefb
  • 28 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've never seen a 'CEX' on the highstreet.

I'm getting so tempted just to have no mobile at all. They all seem to be a pain in the asteroid in some way or another.

Anyone know a good carrier pigeon supplier? Destroy

(thanks for replying though. I'm off to live in a cave now.)

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Check them Out here https://uk.webuy.com
Message 8 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27614 Solutions

@Waynefb wrote:

I've never seen a 'CEX' on the highstreet.

They aren't the cheapest re-seller around, but they do seem to offer a reasonable level of service.

You can buy a low priced Lumia, Moto G or Huawei Ascend brand new from Carphonewarehouse - There's no need to spend hundreds to get a decent phone these days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 15

Waynefb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 28 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
hmmm. I thought carphone warehouse went bankrupt? Might be some bargains there then! grin
Message 10 of 15