cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Antenna down locally for at least three days!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had no signal at work since arriving last monday morning, just seeing a no network message on my phone. Each day I have checked the status website and the same message has been displayed that there is a problem with an antenna and they are waiting for their third party contractors to attend.

I have spoken to the online chat but couldnt get an ETA for its repair and even sent an email to the CEO together with a transcript of that chat but still nothing apart from a mail saying they aim to reply within 5 days!

What an absolutely appalling service this is especially as many of my colleagues who do not have the misfortune to be stuck with O2 have perfect signals.

Is there any way I can escalate this and find out why this has been happening on and off for up to a year??

Regards

Pete

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

And why it takes over three days to tend to a faulty mast!!

They could be upgrading it at the same time?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know O2 are "less cat more dog"  but l did not realise it meant a dog of a service. This is the first time l have ever posted anything but l am so incensed by the ineptitude and quality of the customer care l had to make my feelings known. To whom may l make a formal complaint? Do we get any recompense for the lack of service seeing as we are already paying for it and it is unusable?

Message 22 of 29

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If you phone them on 202 when the service is restored they may well offer you something as a goodwill gesture.

You can raise a complaint here, but there is no guarantee of an uninterrupted service which is stated in the terms and conditions, so any complaint may well fail: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 23 of 29

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
HI guys,

I work as the O2 Community Coordinator. I will see if there is any other info about the Ipswitch area, There are many variables that can unfortunately delay a mast fix, such as land access, weather issues and many others. This is not meant as a justification, but merely to highlight that there are a few factors to consider slight_smile

As soon as I can get info, I will let you know.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 24 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Toby

I know access isnt a problem as its beside a road and the weather has been fine the last two days so Ill see what rdiculous excuse they can come up with.

Regards

Pete

Message 25 of 29

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I wouldn't take it out on the engineers as they can't change anything, they're only there to do the job they have been given.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 26 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It may even not actually be a mast problem. It could be related to the servers or backhaul system.
Knowing what's wrong won't help you though as it won't get fixed any quicker.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:
HI guys,

I work as the O2 Community Coordinator. I will see if there is any other info about the Ipswitch area, There are many variables that can unfortunately delay a mast fix, such as land access, weather issues and many others. This is not meant as a justification, but merely to highlight that there are a few factors to consider slight_smile

As soon as I can get info, I will let you know.

I remember hearing about a customer of a mobile company (not O2) on a local radio consumer show and it was a similar situation, which went unfixed for months - turns out the landowner denied access to the engineers for whatever reason, so as Toby points out it may not just be down to O2 can't be bothered to attend!

Message 28 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Who knows what parts need to be ordered? They are aware of the problem and will fix it as soon as possible and will compensate you when you call 202 afer the problem is sorted.

Message 29 of 29