cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android L - What happened to the sweet names?

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

For those of you in the know (and those living under a rock too), Android is working on their KitKat successor and is called Android L. I can already hear you - "Android L? My Android doesn't even have KitKat yet!". Due to the world of Android being so diverse with different manufacturers, specs and often the manufacturers own 'special sauce' in the form of custom launchers, themes and software, sadly not all phones will get updated to the latest and greatest version - this all depends on the manufacturer and if the devices hardware is compatible or not.

Android L is on the path to being released later this year and has caused some excitement for both manufacters and Android users, but why? What's Android L's new features? When's it coming out? What devices are likely to support it?

We've released a new blog post giving you all you need to know. Check out the answers to the above and more over here > http://po.st/mKrXom

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Thanks for that @Chris_K 

Although I was pleased to read (section 😎 that it probably WONT be called Android L and that they will stick to names of sweets wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Thanks for that @Chris_K 

Although I was pleased to read (section 😎 that it probably WONT be called Android L and that they will stick to names of sweets wink

Glad you noticed 😉 Android L is for now just a codename... Think it'll be dubbed "Key Lime Pie" like many are expecting, or think Android are saving that for their 5.0 update, whenever it's likely to come out?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

No, apparently it has to start with L so they are suggesting Lollipop...or maybe Lemon Tart or Liquorice Allsorts

LOLLOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

In actual fact, L stands for Lasagne and will be followed by P for Pepperoni. Bouncy

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

In actual fact, L stands for Lasagne and will be followed by P for Pepperoni. Bouncy

And...I can see that is your idea of a sweet...Shocked

(I can only hope it doesn't mean Lagging) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Lagging Lasagne. Dripping with Cheese and Tomato....that reminds me, dinner time.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 7 of 7