cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 4.4 KIT KAT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

new version of Android Kitkat should roll out and will be available for couple new phones.

HTC One, S Galaxy S4, Nexus 4, 7 . and couple other. There wont be big changes, but should be faster and main thing save the battery. Does any one know more when we will get it?

Message 1 of 171
170 REPLIES 170

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really that is strange as my one shows the option for both. I will check again once I'm home and send a screenshot to be sure.

UPDATE: I have just checked again and have posted a screenshot of the nexus 4 running kitkat showing the options for both 2G and 3G bands, so it is probably affecting some and not all handsets?

nexus 4 kitkat.jpg

Message 21 of 171

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It's very odd, I am seeing this:

Screenshot_2013-11-29-20-07-10.png

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 22 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable

i had the same issue. Seems to be an O2 issue as a friends on Vodafone is fine.

to fix it i switched the phone off and took out the sim and rebooted and the 2g option came back and i set it to 2g as i don't use 3g .

A more practical solution is to search Play Store for Network (by philipp Mangelow) it give you the option to choose network mode.

Message 23 of 171

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I tried both of your suggestions but they had no effect, thanks anyway.:smileyhappy:

I can live with it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 24 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable

strange worked for me

Message 25 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable
Google had said in the press unveiling that they were giving Kitkat to all the phone and tablet manufacturers at the beginning of Jan for an estimated roll out starting from the end of Jan depending on when the carriers tinker with it and get it out, Google also said that Kitkat is a very stream line OS and that it will work with a lot of older handsets so I think anything with a galaxy S spec and higher should run it fine with some minor veneration with some of the visual graphics on the OS.

There is a complete face lift which look great and speaking to a friend in America with the new nexus it's a lot faster, there are lots of updates that you won't ever see but what you will see is the new U.I, and much better battery life.
Message 26 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why does it say this post is solved when the answer is "don't know"? Still more help than O2 chat though. 10 minutes to explain why I didn't see the need to tell him digits from my password to get the release date for the Kit Kat roll out on my HTC One. Another 5 mins explaining that no, I didn't want to buy a new handset and then further minutes suffering his apology for not understanding my concern. Humans can make miss stakes apparently... Worrying when a customer community is more helpful than the people to whom we're paying money for a service. Is it just me or is the chat worse than useless?
Message 27 of 171

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Is it just me or is the chat worse than useless?

As long as it's not too technical wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 171

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Why does it say this post is solved when the answer is "don't know"?

The OP must have been satisfied with the answer given as they are the only one who can mark the thread as solved.

Message 29 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable
I find it to be pretty poor that there isn't an announcement about the KitKat rollout. KitKat is not exactly brand new anymore and even HTC have finished their customisation of it now. My HTC One is feeling a bit left out.

The whole reason I didn't insure the phone when I renewed the contract just before xmas is because I had a feeling the only way I was getting updates in a timely fashion would by rooting and doing it myself 😞
Message 30 of 171