cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 4.4.4 or 5.0 firmware for Moto X

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris_K Will the 4.4.4 firmware for the O2 moto x ever be released? Or the 5.0 firmware once available?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

It's absolutely correct in that we often have our own variants, sometimes with certain changes above and above the original update that will improve network usability and reliability - this is why you'll sometimes see small incremental updates on one network but not the other (fixes/changed required for an O2 build may not be needed for another network and vice versa).

That being said though, once we've tested and approved an update it is sent back to the vendor and it's then pushed through their servers/systems to customers - We don't actually host or store this update on our own site for open download we're afraid.

Hope that helps clear things up, and sorry if it wasn't quite what you were hoping for. 

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chris_K Will the 4.4.4 firmware for the O2 moto x ever be released? Or the 5.0 firmware once available?

Thanks

I don't have any details on an upcoming 4.4.4 update, but I have seen some reports that the 'Pure Edition' of the Moto X may soon be getting Lollipop. It's important to note though that it's only the Pure Edition that's been mentioned online - not the standard Moto X.

If more information on this surfaces and we receive the software for testing, i'll be sure to keep everyone updated for sure.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Chris. 

To clarify what I meant, the 4.4.4 firmware was rolled out some time ago for the O2 variant of the Moto X. I was wondering whether it would actually be made available to download (as the 4.4.3 and 4.4.2 versions are), to allow users to reinstall it if necessary.

Thanks

Jamie

Message 3 of 8

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Sorry, I'm a little confused - Is your handset currently running 4.4.4 on O2 and you were after a downloadable version of it to save a physical copy of it somewhere? If so, unfortunately this won't be possible as these updates aren't hosted anywhere on our site where it can be downloaded directly - they are typically hosted on the vendors own servers and downloaded through the OTA system.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chris - yes, exactly that. Often carriers release their own specific versions of their firmware. 

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never seen anything official from O2 regarding firmware hosting but I have pretty much always managed to find them somewhere on XDA.

This is the best I could find!

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

Message 6 of 8

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

It's absolutely correct in that we often have our own variants, sometimes with certain changes above and above the original update that will improve network usability and reliability - this is why you'll sometimes see small incremental updates on one network but not the other (fixes/changed required for an O2 build may not be needed for another network and vice versa).

That being said though, once we've tested and approved an update it is sent back to the vendor and it's then pushed through their servers/systems to customers - We don't actually host or store this update on our own site for open download we're afraid.

Hope that helps clear things up, and sorry if it wasn't quite what you were hoping for. 

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Chris_K
Thanks for clearing it up. So. Basically we are at the mercy of someone ripping it from there own phone and hosting it themselves.
Message 8 of 8