cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.4.3 Update Released!

Anonymous
Not applicable

According to the below, the 4.4.3 update has been released in US with lots of bug fixes and tweaks to try and make KitKat a little tastier. Should also iron out a lot of glirches in Nexus 5 etc.

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/devices/android-443/21992/android-443-out-now-nexus-5-first

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the heads up Phil
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Be weeks before it arrives on devices in UK then. However, as the article says, it's only bug fixes mainly which I have to admit I haven't even had problems with on my N5, so hardly anything to get too over excited about.

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds interesting although of late my S4 and Note 3 trial device have generally worked fine on 4.4.2. Nothing major.
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

No it isn't anything groundbreaking, but anything that might speed up the focussing on the camera is a good start!

All the interesting developments will be in 4.5 / 5.0 'lollipop' (or whatever they decide to call it). Maybe coming around July according to rumours? I would imagine it would probably later in year though.

Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any news on the new Android update?

I've been trawling the forums and seeing a lot of the USA are receiving the update already.

How quick is o2 at rolling out updates?

I've got a Nexus 5

Thank for any info in advance...

:).   wink

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've recently become a N5 user and I will be much sad if I don't see 4.4.3 beaming down to me very soon. One of the many benefits of this device is supposed to be its pole position in the queue for updates. So I wants it NOW! 😉
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Given that 4.4.3 has only just been released it will be some time before o2 receive it for checking and approval for release to the network.

I am assuming your device is not sim free of course and has o2 firmware.
Message 8 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Do any nexus devices have branded firmware?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if N5 has branded firmware,looking into that, but pretty sure it has stock firmware that is bypassable. Not sure if this would negate warranty though.

looking into possibility of manually loading it.

I've not rooted the phone as not keen on losing warranty, but it looks like a stock recovery option is possible, final outcome being a side loaded KTU84M Update being loaded.

I'm pretty new at this, so I won't be running blindly into any rash decisions without first ensuring the safety of my phone and its warranty. 😋😋😚😚

Message 10 of 15